Monday, July 25, 2011

At the Yacht Club

I might use this for my business card.  100mm, f/2.2, 1/320
So I've been away from the photography for three weeks.  It was my own wedding (hooray!)  So there was the bachelor party the first weekend, the wedding the second weekend, and then we went on a camping "mini-moon" the third weekend.

But now I'm back, and just a bit rusty.  This wedding was at a yacht club, right on the dock.  Rupert's comment when he saw the dozens of 50 and 100ft boats was "How the other half live..."

It was a remarkably compact wedding, in terms of location.  The ceremony was on the dock, adjacent to the tent where the reception was held.  Friendly couple, friendly staff, enthusiastic family.  We were asked more than once if we wanted a drink or something to eat.  Dessert was tiny ice cream cones, first time I had seen that.

The DJ has a laser box, and he was concerned that it would ruin the photos.  It definitely appeared in a few of the shots, but nothing too distracting.

I try to walk away with 10 really outstanding shots.  I usually shoot around 300 at the reception.  I keep under 100 of those.  20 go on my website www.jamiecphoto.com and ten of those will turn into prints.

This one was on the lean side, but again, a bit rusty.

No comments:

Post a Comment